New Student Class Planning
After completing our Steps to Enrollment you are ready to begin your New Student Class Planning
Creating an academic plan is a state mandated requirement of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college. Please note: It may take up to 48 hours after you apply to SBCC to be able to register for a Class Planning session.
New Student Class Planning Sessions will help you develop a first semester class plan with a counselor and help you understand pre-requisites, skills advisories, and which courses to select to reach your educational goals. Please note the following:
- Prior to attending class planning, complete Online Orientation. (F-1 Visa Students: Complete your online orientation found here-> Online Orientation )
- Seats are limited and sessions fill fast, plan in advance and register as early as possible to secure your spot.
- If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation in order to access and/or benefit from class planning, contact Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) for consultation. To schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Specialist, please call (805) 730-4164 or visit SS-160.
We offer two types of New Student Class Planning Sessions, either on campus or through webinar. However, due to COVID-19, our sessions will be through webinar only. Click on the button below for instructions on how to sign up for a class planning session.
For First-Time College Students starting this SPRING 2023, Class Planning webinars will be available to schedule in Starfish starting November 3rd! There will be at least one session offered every week starting on November 16th.
One Class Planning session will be held on November 2nd ONLY for students in DSPS, EOPS, Veterans, FosterCare Youth, and Homeless Youth.
Class Planning Registration Instructions
Click Here for Class Planning Materials
Next Steps After Class Planning
Local SB High School Students
Dear Local High School Mid-Year Graduate Students,
Class Planning will be offered in person at the local high schools. Dates will be coming soon.
- Santa Barbara High School- Wednesday, November 9th from 9am-11:30am
- San Marcos High School- Tuesday, November 8th from from 9am-11:30am
- La Cuesta High School- Friday, November 18th from 9am-11:30am