Important note: Pipeline login is required to complete the online orientation.
SBCC online self-paced orientation provides students with information about Santa Barbara City College's educational programs, support services, college facilities, student life, and students' rights and responsibilities.
SBCC college orientation is required for the following students:
- Never attended college before, or only attended while in high school and have a goal/plan of:
- Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement
- Transfer to 4-year School
- Basic English/Math/Reading Skills
- Undecided Goal
- New Transfer Students, enrolling at SBCC who previously attended another institution
To receive credit for the completion of New Student Orientation you will need to click on the link below. You will be asked to enter your Pipeline Username and Password to gain access to the orientation. The orientation will take approximately 45 - 75 minutes to complete. Orientation Holds will be removed from your record shortly after the completion of your orientation.
If your registration hold for orientation is not cleared one business day after you complete the Online Orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-730-4086.